Tuesday, July 18, 2006

last sinulog post

The Grand Sinulog Parade features the different faces of Cebuanos. These gentle, cheerful people of my "adopted" city are known all over the world as industrious and talented performers.
When you go to a hotel, bar or board luxury cruise ships and you hear a great band performing, chances are these performers are Filipinos and most probably in a group of 7 band members 3 or 4 are Cebuanos. :) I'm sure Simon Cowell will never say any mean words when he sees them perform.

The Cebuanas are known for their beauty, grace and charm. I should say so because my mom is a Cebuana!

Sto.Nino Parade
This will be my last post of Sinulog as I saw the sun peaked this afternoon promising a sun shiny day tomorrow. I hope to get wonderful shots tomorrow. Until then!

8 comments:

Felicia said...

These are beautiful photos! I love the flowers and costume in this first photo.

Chris said...

Beautiful. Festival Princess is superbe.

anne said...

Beautiful! So very colorful!

edwin s said...

Thank you for this wonderful photographic journey of the parade.

danafaye said...

Wonderful photos ... I enjoyed them all ...

Kala said...

very beautiful people! My ex gf was from the philipines and she was beautiful - so I guess you all are beautiful people =)

Jane said...

Hi everybody! Thank you very much! It was really fun shooting the parade. So colorful! The best times of the day was in the morning and in the evening where the parade ended with firework display.

kala... thanks! I will not elaborate.. ;)

annulla said...

I love these photos. Everyone puts so much work these events, there is always so much worth capturing. I enjoy shooting at parades and festivals here in New York, too.