Monday, August 21, 2006

Headstand

You know that stress got into you as the rainy day blues would creep in and suddenly found yourself that you manage to have at least five bouts of tantrums, make your assistant cry, yell at your partner and even went Naomi Campbell to your coworker.

Perhaps you notice that my last post was a week ago - this and my other blogs. I'm really, really swamped with projects - it seems everybody wants to change their websites - and i couldn't get myself away from my laptop, which by the way, it suddenly shown its blue ghost of death for the nth time this week. Not that I'm complaining, really happy to have these projects, its just that i noticed that i lost track of the days. I even thought last Friday was still Wednesday! Goodness! I really need a break!

Instead of biting everybody's head off, i decided to at least curb all those negative energies to something more useful or rather convert it to something positive like joining the hippest yoga studio in town.

So as a beginner I enrolled in Intro and Level 1 Ashtanga Yoga class. Whatever, all i can remember are the following: cobra, warrior, mountain, downward dog, etc. And the breathing techniques -- No techie stuff as Vinyasa ( I don't even know the meaning of this word) or other things like that yet. Okay I promise to be serious about this!

All I'm after is the euphoric feeling after a good work out -

Of all the things yoga i can't stand is the headstand! No, not for me...yet. Sorry about the picture, it was actually of the studio opening demo performance. My phone cam did not capture the lights - i hope you forgive me for that poor photo. I'll make up for it next time.

Yoga One Studio Opening demo: Yoga One Studio, Banilad Town Center

8 comments:

Lisi said...

glad you're feeling good...and very funny reference to Naomi Campbell...

kaa said...

happy to see you postin again.. yours is one of the sites i keep poppin in almost everyday. have fun with your yoga.

anne said...

Hi Jane! Take it easy girl! :)

Ame said...

Hi Anne! You know? I hear ya about stress and all that it brings...and I think I'm going to join a yoga class this fall myself! We'll learn to stand on our heads together! LOL! (=

Ame said...

OOooops, I meant JANE! I know who I was talking to...the keyboard just messed up! LOL! (=

Jane said...

Hi everyone!

Lisi: yeah, often times i found myself the urge to throw my cell phone, laptop, stapler - anything within my reach to anybody who breaths the air within 3 sq meters of my space! :P that's really bad!

Kaa: thank you! I enjoy your Vantaa photos also! But i've missed your blogs as well... and you know the reason why i haven't been dropping by lately ;P

Anne: Thanks! You know how it is! Aside from our business, given the eco and political situation now, who wouldn't be stressed out? hehehe! oust Gloria?

Ame: No biggie! ;P Yoga somehow helped me - i almost drowned myself with Red Bulls and java fixes just to give myself going, so i resorted to yoga. i thnk i should just eat Energizer batteries instead....come to think of it, i think i got high strung because of RBs and coffee...

You should try that too! Yoga- i mean. Especially looking after 4 boys, you needed that!

edwin s said...

Ohmmmmm... good on you Jane!

~tanty~ said...

Hi Jane! Just take it easy and relax. Please be noticed of my new address: http://stavangerphotobytanty.blogspot.com
Thanks ya.