Friday, February 16, 2007

Round and round

According to the ancient symbolism, the circle is the universal symbol of unity and perceived as the female power or feminine spirit/force, the Mother Earth.

It also means the cycle of life, thus death and rebirth.

Interesting.... a signal from cosmos must have triggered my inner mind to START this blog again. And my first photo of the year is about circles.

Coincidentally, it’s almost the start Chinese New Year (Feb 18) – the Year of the Pig. According to Feng Shui experts, it’s the year of the WOMAN.

I wonder – this must be a lucky year for me!

I found this piece on my way to the supermarket. It’s a local lifestyle furniture shop – the glass door with a frosted backdrop and from the inside is a curtain of the pearly capiz shells. It's elegant and very well defined Cebu’s fine craftsmanship.

No comments: